APA-The Engineered Wood Association is the premier industry trade association representing the majority of the North American producers of glued, engineered wood products. Our member companies represent 85% of structural wood panels, 80% of glulam beams, 70% of I-joists and 72% of laminated veneer lumber manufactured in the US and Canada. We provide testing and grade certification, publish and distribute technical literature, research new products and applications and support members in penetrating and expanding markets.
The average length of service for an APA employee is 14+ years. We offer competitive compensation, company car and a comprehensive benefits program including health, life and LTD insurance, paid leave and holidays, 401(k) retirement program, tuition and wellness reimbursement programs.
The Engineered Wood Promotion Specialist develops and maintains relationships with specifiers, code officials, and engineering and architectural construction professionals to educate and promote the use of wood systems and engineered wood products, particularly the transfer of new technology and design systems to the local construction community. Working out of their home office, the Specialist travels throughout their assigned region calling on engineers, builders, code officials, architects and distributors to identify and cultivate key contacts in markets; conduct educational meetings, seminars, and/or webinars; actively participate in trade shows and promotional programs; and to develop constructive relationships with major building inspection and code agencies.
The primary territory for this region is northern California, northern Nevada and Utah.
- BS degree in Engineering, Architecture or closely related field
- Thorough knowledge of wood frame construction
- Skilled at identifying key professional contacts, as well as establishing and maintaining professional relationships over the long term
- Superior presentation skills, including making high impact presentations to key decision makers, conducting and/or coordinating educational seminars, and professional representation of APA through active participation at trade shows
- Experience in sales or marketing, preferably within the construction industry
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to take initiative, to set and meet goals, and to work independently
- Proficient at writing reports and business correspondence
- Adept at conducting market research
- A good driving record
For confidential consideration, qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
For more information about APA, please visit our website at www.apawood.org.